Wednesday 7 September 2011

It's Official...

We have the "roughest" house to mud and tape. Yay! (note sarcasm) The kids and I were at the house this evening and were surprised to still find one of the guys there mudding and taping. I asked how difficult our house was to do and he said it was the roughest house they'd ever done. There are so many angles and they are not impressed with the dormer windows (it is a very tight area, I'll let them not like us for those!) that it's taking them much longer than anticipated. Apparently the dormers each took 10 hours to drywall, I can only imagine how much fun they are to mud and tape! The crew has been busy at another job in Minnedosa (which I didn't know about) so there has been only one guy at our place for the last 2 weeks mudding and taping. That explains why everything is taking so long! He said that he finally finished the first coat of everything today and tomorrow there should be at least two guys working on our house for the duration of the project. I asked if he could tell me how much longer it would take and he would not give me an answer. Great. So we'll continue to wait.

The siding is coming along nicely. It looks so much better than I thought it would! It's so nice to see that a colour that was chosen worked out, especially something a little more on the permanent side. Here is a picture. The plywood is where the stone work will go.



The furnace and hot water heater were installed today so we'll have heat for those cold winter nights! I'm not sure there will be much to update on in the next week and a bit while the mudding is going on...

No comments:

Post a Comment