Saturday 21 January 2012

A Sick Birthday Girl

Last week Saturday was Larissa's birthday but the weekend was booked with moving friends home from Iowa so we didn't officially celebrate her day with her school friends, that was supposed to be today. This morning at 10:30 (2 1/2 hours before the party was going to start) Larissa confirmed that her tummy did indeed feel upset. She didn't perk up right afterwards either so I thought it must have been more than excitement for her party. I asked her if she felt better or if we should cancel her party. She chose to cancel the party. She's sick. She doesn't even feel disappointed that her party is cancelled. She's most definitely sick!



Larissa's rainbow cupcake cake with a sun and cloud. She designed it and picked all the colours, I just had to put it together. (Now that I look at this picture the cake looks like it's disappointed the party is cancelled too!)


So now instead of having seven girls running around our house giggling and screaming and crafting I have one girl lying on the couch. Poor thing. She looks pretty cheery in this picture. That's her. She can be on death's door and she will still have a smile on her face!

As for the rest of us, we're good. Ron & Nathan will go work in the shop. Bethany has a birthday party for a friend to go to. I will enjoy the fact that my clean house will stay clean! I also have a cup of dark chocolate chai tea and a good book to enjoy. Other than a sick kid, it sounds like a pretty good day is ahead of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment