Thursday 26 May 2011

Weekly Report

Our week has been pretty crazy, and the kids have been crazier, I haven't had time to get to the house to see what's going on. The kids and I were there Tuesday evening for a few minutes after Larissa's soccer game but that's about it. Now the forecast is for rain for the next 5 days so it won't be until next week until I get over there. I can tell you that the garage piles have been dug and poured and the weeping tile has been laid down. I thing the blueskin was going on this week too. Blueskin is the waterproofing membrane that is attached to the styrofoam on the outside of the basement walls to guard against seepage, I think. Ron had been told this would be an "odds and ends" week where it didn't look like much was getting done but I don't know, I think those three things are good accomplishments, considering Monday was a holiday and there's possibly rain coming tonight.

Tuesday one of the guys stopped by to let me know that the holes for the garage piles had been dug and we should stay away from that side of the house. That, of course, was an invitation for Nathan to check them out! The holes are 10 feet deep so he wanted to see what that looked like. I made the kids stay a good safe distance back and I took a picture for them. When I told Nathan that I couldn't see the bottom of the hole he wasn't so interested in getting close anymore! The picture is below.



Weeping tile


The kids were thrilled that the windows had been cut out completely. I think it was Larissa who said that it now definitely looked like a basement with the windows.


I don't remember if I mentioned it last week but we went window shopping last Wednesday. It was actually a painless experience and we were quite pleased with that. The final confirmation went in today so that is another thing crossed off our list!

On the farming front (for all of you AgTalk-ers out there!) we are almost done seeding! The guys took shifts and worked all through the night last night and have gone all day today to hopefully finish up tonight. There are still about 300 acres that haven't been seeded but it's so wet Ron wasn't sure if it will be seeded at all this year. I realize we are very fortunate this year to be at this point as there are many who haven't been able to get much done. With wet fields from last fall and the amount of snow we had over the winter the rains that we have had this spring are quite unwelcomed. Here's to hoping the rain doesn't fall, or at least not fall as much!

2 comments:

  1. ummmm, Nin, window shopping was a "pane-less" experience!?! I laughed, even if you didn't intend for it to be "punny"!!!
    Glad to hear so much progress is still being made on the house even with the dismal weather & even more glad to hear that seeding is going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I didn't even catch on to my own joke! I guess window shopping is a pane-full experience, otherwise we'd just have holes in our walls!

    ReplyDelete