Friday 24 June 2011

Blurry Week

This week has gone by in such a blur I can't tell you what happened which day, both in our personal life and at the house! There was a lot accomplished on the house and yard this week. The septic tank and cistern were installed this week, the septic field was developed and the rafters were started. Oh, I almost forgot, the interior walls were completed too. The rafters are a bit tricky so it may take a bit to finish them! The garage ground work was also started on this week. The ground where the garage is going was so wet it's just now dry enough to work with. We are at Nathan's final soccer tournament this weekend (it started tonight) and with the busy week we've had I don't have too many detailed pictures of the house but I will post what I have.

Larissa's giving her "two thumbs up"


This is the kids' bedrooms and main bathroom. It just looks like a bunch of sticks standing, too bad I can't do a 3d image to show how it all fits together.


I just liked the way the trusses looked from this angle


There's the house with the main rafters up. There are connecting rafters to join the two different directions of the roof line. Dormers above the great room windows need to be built too.


Most of the sheeting was done above the kids' bedrooms today. I didn't have my camera with me so I don't have pictures of that or the work that was done on the garage. I'm only guessing but I think the main focus next week will be the garage and finish the sheeting/rafters on the roof.

Bethany finished preschool this week, they celebrated with a party at the Kiddie Park in town. Nathan and Larissa are finishing up this coming week. Nathan drew a sad face in his day planner on his last day of school. :(  Larissa has loved Kindergarten but is really looking forward to grade 1 when she can go to school every day, we'll see how she feels next year! Bethany will be very happy to have her siblings around all the time so she won't have just boring, old mom to hang around with all day every other day!

I did this post in a hurry and a little distracted so I apologize if I'm not too clear on some details but I'm now off to bed so that I can keep up with Nathan's soccer games tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this seems to be going up so quickly...how many people are working on it? So so so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo! There are 3 guys working on the house but the septic/cistern work was done by the plumber & his crew. This is the stage that goes up the quickest I think. From here on in it will slow down. Or at least that's what I tell myself so that I will be pleasantly surprised when things go faster than I thought they would!!

    ReplyDelete