Sunday 12 June 2011

Family Life

We were at a soccer tournament today, the kids had a blast! Nathan scored his first goal in two seasons and his teammates celebrated as much as he did, it was great to see. Nathan is more of an assist-ant, he's not the quickest or strongest kid on the team but he thinks and looks and makes things happen. At age 8, however, that's not what's important, scoring the goals is, so this was a big day for him. We do not pressure him to score goals and often tell him that goals can't be scored without assists so he's just as important as the guy who puts the ball in the net. Larissa's mini soccer team played today too. I love that age, they are so cute with everyone running after the ball like bees swarming the hive.


Yup, the one in the blue shirt is Nathan.


#13 fighting for the ball


The bees swarming! Larissa is the girl with the pigtails flying


Soccer ends in three weeks but I'll try not to post too many more pics up here. Bethany's a cheerleader....when she's not playing with her friends or the umbrella!

We were at a 30th birthday party over the weekend where we were encouraged to dress up in one of the decades that the birthday girl has lived in, the 80's were chosen of course, and Bethany wanted to dress up too. Not sure if the blue eye shadow shows up but she thought that was the prettiest colour for the eyes that she had ever seen. I crimped my hair, the bangs were standing off my head, the blue eye shadow was visible even in the dark and dressed up in 80's garb (no, I'm not posting a picture!). The girls thought I was very pretty and should look that way when going to church! I have some work ahead of me when it comes to teaching the girls some fashion sense. I did notice when shopping the other day, however, that a lot of those 80's styles are back, ahhhh!!!

2 comments:

  1. OH come on...a picture if worth a thousand words! You didn't use 1000 words, so we need a photo...don't you know it is good to make others laugh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice try Jo but I'm not posting one, I don't need to embarass myself too much here!!

    ReplyDelete