Friday 12 August 2011

Hmmm, It's Been A While...

Sorry I haven't been here for a while, I just haven't had time to post! Nathan and Larissa were at bible camp last week for 5 days leaving just Bethany at home with us. You would think it would be quieter and a slower pace but we were busy the entire time. The older two LOVED camp and can hardly wait to go back next year. Larissa had 12 campers (including her) and 3 cabin leaders in her cabin and she knew 9 of the campers in her cabin. I knew she was in good hands when she barely looked up when we said we were leaving! Before we got to camp we didn't know any of the other boys that were going to be there but when we were registering the kids one of Nathan's buddies surprised him and ran up to him to happily announce that they were going to be in the same cabin. What an answer to prayer! It turns out that the kids didn't do very much with the kids in their cabins throughout the day with the skills and mealtime seating arrangements, but it was nice to know that there was someone familiar in their cabins while they were falling asleep.

Last week Friday we combined 160 acres of winter wheat on light land and had the first supper in the field for the season. Bethany was thrilled to have a combine ride. She'll be riding in the combine a lot this fall while the other two are at school. Ron also swathed 240 or so acres of canola and he's been busy dessicating (sp?) peas and wheat and spraying the soy beans for aphids.

The last few days the kids were camping with my parents while I helped my sister and her family move into their new house. She and my BIL have two boys, ages 3 and 7 months, so it was great spending time with them and listening to the 3 year old pound away on his drums. He's pretty good, I sometimes thought it was his dad goofing around on the drums with him but nope, it was all my nephew! Back at the campground my parents were kept busy biking, swimming, critter dipping, golfing, playing Barbies...I think you get the picture!

I didn't have my camera along so I don't have pictures for this post, sorry! But that's just a few of the things that have kept us busy the last couple of weeks. Now to do the house post....

No comments:

Post a Comment