Tuesday 30 August 2011

Stairs, Siding and the Drywalling Continues...

Can you guess by the title of the post what is happening at the house??!! The stairs were installed last week before we headed to my parents' place for the week so Bethany got to go down into her beloved basement! She wanted Ron to help her down the stairs the first time, they're tricky when you haven't grown up in a house with stairs. She then proceeded to go up and down the stairs on her own the rest of the time we spent in the house that morning! She did dance on the floor a bit but was mainly fascinated by the fact that we now had stairs.

Bethany giving her "thumbs up" approval of the new stairs


The siding has been started on as well. It is beautiful, I love it! I can hardly wait until it's all finished and our house looks like it's nearing completion from the outside. We are having stonework done on the front of the house but that probably won't happen until spring so it won't be completely finished on the outside for a while. I'm guessing it won't look completely finished until the landscaping is done so we have a few years yet to get to that stage. I need to slow my brain down or I will get overwhelmed by what all needs to happen in the next couple of years!

They started the siding on the back of the house. There will eventually be a deck off the garden doors (and a hot tub off the deck!!).


The drywalling process is continuing. They are now mudding and taping. The drywallers had initially thought they'd be done by now and the painting would have started this week but I'm guessing they got a bit more than they bargained for with our ceilings and many corners. I hope the painting can start next week but that's just my own hope and not based on anything I've been told. I tried to prepare myself for how slow the mudding and taping process is but I got excited by the initial timeline we were given so I'm having a hard time re-pacing myself.

This week is obviously siding and mudding & taping, next week will hopefully see the finishing of those projects plus our plumber coming in to install the furnace and whatever other work he can do now that the basement floor and stairs are in. We are just waiting to hear from the electrician as to when he can come do the wiring in the basement and then the drywallers can move down there!

No comments:

Post a Comment