Saturday 15 October 2011

Lights, Camera, Kitchen!

We are nearing our move date, that's plain to see, cuz our house has been a hub of activity. The lights are installed, most of the trim is on, the flooring is in and the cabinets are on. The mudroom is finished, the kids love their lockers, they've chosen their spots, they're so excited they're bonkers! Now I'll stop this corny rhyme, not sure what got into me. Here are the pictures so the work results you can see.

Here is the unfinished kitchen. The countertops along the wall still need to be secured, glass doors need to be installed and there will be open shelving beside the window. The appliances arrive Wednesday.


The desk area still needs a shelf installed under the upper cabinets. The hardware also needs to be installed on all the fronts except the island.


The living room lights. Have I mentioned I'm looking forward to having the scaffolding out of the living room?


The lockers in the mudroom. You can see a sweater in one of them already! The kids climb into their chosen ones first and then dump their sweaters or jackets in it. We need hooks for them, at least, I'm hoping the hooks will encourage the kids to hang up their stuff!


The railing on the veranda was installed this week too. This now completes the work on the outside of the house, except for the stonework that will happen next spring.


The kitchen should be finished by Monday or Tuesday. Sinks, toilets and faucets are being installed this week and hopefully our interior doors will be ready too. There is also a bunch of "small stuff" that has to happen in the next couple of weeks (closets, towel bars, etc). When I think of the to-do list it feels quite long still but I'm told most of it will happen quickly.

It's been suggested that a Pampered Chef party would be a great way to break in the kitchen, I might have to look into that!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Anita! Everything looks amazing! The lockers are a fantastic idea. I might have to get some! PLEASE let me know if I can help you pack or anything this week - seriously!!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete