Saturday 29 October 2011

We're Here!!

We are in our new house! Today was a very busy and tiring day but so full of blessings. I can't tell you how much I've appreciated our friends and family this week, it's been filled with many people willing to help us. There were 5 women who came to help me clean the house, another two helped me set up most of the kitchen before we moved, my Mother-in-law looked after the kids, helped with cleaning, and fed our family and moving crew, a friend took Bethany a couple of times so I could get things done, that same friend brought meals today (made the other part of lunch for the moving crew and spoiled us with supper), friends from Iowa came out to help us move (they did happen to be in the province but not close enough the we expected them to come!) and we received many texts from friends who were wishing they could be here but circumstances just didn't allow it. It's very overwhelming to see that kind of support and excitement for something that is exciting for us. I was moved to tears a few times today!

The kids were so excited last night they hardly slept. They were at Ron's parents for the night so Ron & I could get some last-minute packing done which means we didn't deal with their lack of sleep, unfortunately that was left for Grandma and Grandpa. I think they had about 6 hours of sleep. Nathan and Larissa helped all day today, I think they had their rooms all set up before the boxes were all moved! Bethany played at her cousin's house all day, she's four as well and they're basically inseparable so Bethy was happy as a clam to not be part of the moving. When she got to the house she was thrilled to see things set up and wasn't upset at all that she hadn't been a part of it. She said, "Mom, I'm so comfortable in this house!" Larissa fell asleep before we left her room after we tucked her in! Bethany took a bit longer, she always does, and Nathan was having some anxiety about the whole thing, but he and Ron had some good father/son time that he relaxed enough to fall asleep by 9:30. We're just hoping they sleep in tomorrow!

Ron and I are tired and are looking forward to sleeping in our new room as well, although Ron's not sure how he'll sleep with an orange wall by his head! I am hoping to post pictures in the next couple of days. I didn't get many of the move today, there weren't many opportunities!, but I will hopefully get some of the semi-finished moved-in pictures up soon.

We can't say THANK YOU enough to all those who have helped in the past few months and especially in the last few weeks. We feel very honoured to call you friends and family!

Thanks to all of you for your support, encouragement and shared excitment during this journey! I'm off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment