Wednesday 16 November 2011

Birthday Party Madness

We finally had Nathan's birthday party last week. His birthday's in August. Mother of the year I am not! Having a kid born in harvest, during summer break doesn't make for the best birthday party timing and with building a house this year as well there was no way I was having his friends party close to his actual birthday. Last year we had his party in November as well but he wanted to go to a hockey game so there was no choice there. This year he wanted to go bowling. He had 11 friends on his original guest list. I was the mean mom and made him dwindle that list down to 5 friends. Do you know how much six 9 year old boys wrestle? We were at home for 3 hours before we could go to the bowling alley and I think those boys wrestled for 2 of those hours! I grew up in a house of girls and Ron's family wasn't into sports or wrestling so it's not something we're used to, at least not to the extent that these boys wrestled! They did take breaks to play tag (which we discovered can be played at the table with feet moving side-to-side), ping pong, and "jam" a little bit on the piano, which all lead to more wrestling! The bowling was a hit and the boys all had fun but I told Nathan that we were not going to have 6 boys in our house at the same time again. I know, I know, I'll get suckered into doing it again but it won't be for a while!


I couldn't believe how much some of those boys could pack away, some of them had three burgers, they out-ate Ron!


A viscious game of ping pong


One of the boys must have had a good shot (is it called a "shot" in bowling?). If you did something that was considered difficult there would be fun images on the tv.

The girls were along for the whole party and thought it was great that there were 5 older boys at Nathan's party. I think Ron's going to have to be prepared for the future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment