Sunday 6 November 2011

One Week Later....

We are feeling well settled. Not everything has a home yet and pictures aren't up but we feel very comfortable here, it feels like home.


My parents came out from Sunday to Tuesday to help get the house set up and cleaned most of the house trailer. They also brought this beautiful hibiscus plant, which is a cutting from the plant Dad gave to Mom on her first Mother's Day, which was with me! (Dad has corrected me, this IS the plant he gave Mom. Now there's even more pressure to keep it alive!!)


The girls room all set up.


Nathan's room might be as set up as it's going to get, I'm not sure I'll ever see that floor clear!


Our bedroom


Not sure the kitchen will ever look this way again!


Living room


This railing is Ron's creation and I absolutely love it!



The lockers! The are well used and so far the kids are putting their jackets & backpacks in them every time!

We are obviously missing window treatments as well but when living in the country we can wait a bit before we need them! It's also dark when the kids wake up and when they go to bed so we don't need to keep the light out for sleeping purposes either. We still have a few finishing touches to do but if you want to see those you will need to come see them in person. Please take that as an open invitation, just call first so we can make sure we're around!!

This officially concludes the house tour portion of the blog. I've been encouraged to keep the blog going with our family life happenings so I will do that, just know that I may not update as often as I had updated the house progress. Thanks for following!!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Yes, I'd love a tour, but that may have to wait awhile...at least until the first scratch is made :) enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Jo, the first scratch happened on moving day. I'm eagerly anticipating your visit!! :D

    ReplyDelete